Parametric EQ Plug-in
AAX DSP & Native
for Pro Tools
MDWEQ6-AAX The Professional EQ Tool
State of the Art Sound Quality in Digital Equalization
Introducing MDWEQ6-AAX with unprecedented clarity, smoothness, accuracy and excellent high-frequency response providing an unparalleled tool for serious audio production.
Developed by the creator of the parametric EQ, George Massenburg, the Massenburg DesignWorks Hi-Res Parametric EQ6 plug-in defines the state-of-the-art in equalization.
Introducing MDWEQ6-AAX, Massenburg DesignWorks latest and best digital parametric equalizer for Pro Tools. Performance-enhanced for over 15 years by professional mixers for all mixers with professional expectations. With traditional performance, new enhancements and next-generation features, this is the EQ that covers all the requirements, current and future.
Built on the venerable MDW filter-form the MDWEQ6-AAX includes a host of new features including a new active spectrum display, new high and low pass filters, and high Q shelves with sharper transitions.
Buy MDWEQ6-AAX (DSP & Native) Pro Tools plug-in perpetual (full) license - iLok2 required
Get MDWEQ6-AAX Upgrades
Get MDWEQ6-AAX Upgrades from MDWEQ5-AAX for Pro Tools:
Upgrade from MDWEQ5-Native or MDWEQ5-AAX (DSP & Native) to MDWEQ6-AAX (DSP & Native)
It’s Just Better
- Designed for Pro Tools professionals by George Massenburg, the inventor of the Parametric EQ
- Builds on the legacy of the industry standard MDW EQ featuring the cleanest, most transparent filter available
- Highest sound quality for smooth, precise and natural equalization
- Unique filter design with equal-sensitivity coefficients –
- High-resolution, double-precision math throughout.
- Fast, accurate filter shape maintained while updating settings and sweeping through artifacts to find anomalies
- Fast, simple, flexible user adjustments
- Multiple settings entry methods
- Click and drag control point
- Click and drag control knob
- Direct numeric entry
- Accurate, compatible frequency and Q filter values — EQ settings reliably match other truly professional parametric EQ’s
- Clear, ergonomic interface design
- New “control points” for settings entry
- Frequency curve overlays spectrum for precise visual feedback
- All bands & settings clearly visible numerally and graphically
- Professional User Support
- Benefits from professional user enhancements
- AAX DSP as well as Native
MDWEQ6-AAX (DSP & Native)
- Newly designed User Interface – clearer than ever how EQ is performing
- New High-Q High and Low Shelves – expands control to better manage top and bottom end frequencies
New Band 1 addition of 18dB/octave and 24dB/octave high and low pass filters – especially effective when recording
New active spectrum display – provides instant feedback
- EQ Control Points (Node) – provides visual ease to adjust all parameters directly on the graph
Process audio in 64-bit floating point resolution
- High instance count of the plug-in in your session
- Select frequencies from 10 Hz – 41 kHz, with variable Q and a choice of 3- or 5-band EQ
- Refine sounds using constant shape reciprocal filter curves from the industry-standard reference – Unlike other brands of plug-in products, the MDWEQ6-AAX reliably processes audio exactly as it states
- Quickly evaluate a band’s EQ using the IsoPeak® Solo functionality to scan target frequencies
- Compare settings fast with the A/B snapshots capability
- With new real time graphic analyzer, “surgical EQ’ing” becomes easier than ever
- Plug-in Type – EQ
- Format – AAX Native 64, AAX DSP 64, AAX Native 32, AAX DSP 32
- EQ – 3 and 5-band parametric
- Frequency Range – 10 Hz–41 kHz
- Variable Q Range – 25.6 (1/18 of an octave) to 0.1 (6-2/3 octaves)
- Resolution – 64-bit floating point
- DSP Efficiency (5-band EQ @ 48, 96, and 192 kHz) – Up to 7, 6, and 3 instances, respectively
- DSP Efficiency (3-band EQ @ 48, 96, and 192 kHz) – Up to 8, 8, and 4 instances, respectively
Windows – 64-bit Windows 10 or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (64-bit only)
MAC – Mac OS X 10.7 or higher (32 or 64-bit)
SOFTWARE – Pro Tools | HDX or any native Pro Tools system running Pro Tools 10.38 or higher software for Mac, 11.1 or higher for Win
Copy Protection – Requires iLok USB 2 Key (for authorization; not included) or higher
There is a single MDWEQ6-AAX installer each for Mac OSX and Windows...
- MDWEQ6-AAX 6.0.3r15 Installer for Pro Tools 10+ (Mac) - for OS10.7 up to Mojave
- MDWEQ6-AAX 6.0.3r15x64 Installer for Pro Tools 10+ (Mac) - for Catalina
- MDWEQ6-AAX 6.0.3r15 Installer for Pro Tools 11+ (Win)
Once downloaded to your Download Folder, please click on the downloaded file to complete installation. The MDWEQ6-AAX plugin will be installed in the /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins folder.
Note: The Catalina Build (MDWEQ6-AAX Installer 6.0.3r15x64.dmg.zip) will work from macOS 10.11 and later — and is 64-bit only.
If you need MDWEQ5-AAX or any legacy installers, please read MDWQ5-AAX FAQ or contact us via support form.